Relief For Abused Nonimmigrant Spouse

Unfortunately, domestic abuse is also a factor in immigration that must be considered with certain immigration applications. Employment Authorization Documents are necessary when a non-citizen wants to work in The United States. At times, an illegal domestic abuse victim finds themselves unable to continue on with immigration processes let alone apply for employment authorization without their former/current abusive partner. Another complication can often be a factor if the former/current spouse was admitted into the United States under nonimmigrant status. For those situations, there is an Application for Employment Authorization for Abused Nonimmigrant Spouse called form I-765V.

If you are (or were) the abused spouse of a nonimmigrant who was admitted under INA section 101(a)(15)(A), (E)(iii), (G), or (H) [admitted in A, E-3, G, or H nonimmigrant status], you may file for employment authorization. You had to have accompanied or later joined your abusive nonimmigrant spouse in the U.S. The following must be provided to file this application..

  • Evidence of your qualifying nonimmigrant status
  • A copy of any documentation establishing your identity and current nationality
  • Evidence of your spouse’s qualifying nonimmigrant status
  • Evidence of your qualifying relationship to your spouse
  • Evidence of the abuse

If you are currently are or have been a victim of abuse at the hands of a nonimmigrant status spouse, and are having difficulties acquiring the proper documents to be able to make a living and work in the U.S, at the Law Office Of Cindy Ramjattan- Paul we can assist in guiding you through this tough process. We are well versed in domestic abuse cases and make it a priority to treat these cases with the upmost delicacy and diligence. For more information do not hesitate to call us at (973)542-0200.

Posted On: 31-Aug-2020

Powered By GraySquare CMS